- This event has passed.
Inauguration Concert – Giulio Cesare
5 September, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree – 50,00€
Saturday, 5th September at 7:00 pm
INAUGURATION CONCERT – GIULIO CESARE by G.F. Haendel (excerpts)
To FINALLY kick off Season 2020 in a festive manner, we present excerpts from G.F. Haendel’s great opera Giulio Cesare (Julius Caesar), featuring two young and promising singers, in addition to VMP’s resident soprano, Liesl Odenweller.
Music by G.F. Haendel
Liesl Odenweller, Soprano
Dima Bakri, Mezzo-Soprano
Alexander Simpson, Countertenor
Venice Music Project Ensemble
Act III Sc. I
Cornelia’s Aria “Non ha piu’ che temere”
Act II Sc. VIII
Recit. Accomp.“Che sento!”
Cleopatra’s Aria “Se pieta’ di me non senti”
Act III, Sc. II
Sinfonia prima del recit
Tolomeo-Cleopatra’s Recitativo “Vinta cadesti”
Tolomeo’s Aria “Domero’ la tua fierezza”
Act I Sc. XI
Cornelia-Sesto Duo “Son nata a lagrimar”
Act III, Sc. IV
Recit. Accomp. “Dall’ondoso periglio”
Cesare’s Aria “Aure deh per pietà”
Act I Sc. IV
Cornelia’s Aria “Priva son d’ogni conforto”
Act III, sc. VII
Cleopatra’s Aria “Da Tempeste il legno infranto”
Act III Sc. IX
Cesare-Cleopatra Duo “Caro, piu’ amabile beltà”
VMP COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
YOUR SAFETY – AND OURS – IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE TO VMP!
VMP plans to begin our concert series in September, following the strongest safety measures possible, guided by the regulations mandated by the Italian government.
1. Mandatory distance between chairs of at least 1 meter. Guests from the same household are permitted to sit closer together, but must still maintain at least 1 meter from others.
2. The distance between performers and audience will be greater than (approximately double) what is required by Italian law.
3. All audience members are required to wear masks that fully cover their noses and mouths from the moment they enter until after they have exited the church. We are sorry, but there can be no exceptions for any reason. We regret that anyone unable to respect this rule will have to be asked to leave.
4. All musicians are required by law to wear masks during entrances and exits. They are permitted by law to remove them while performing, as long as the required distances are respected.
5. There will be temperature checks at the door.
6. By law, there will be mandatory data collection from all audience members, which will not be shared with anyone, and would be used solely in the necessity of tracking.
7. Everyone is required to be socially distanced while waiting to collect tickets and enter the church.
8. Hand sanitizer will be available for use.
9. Online sales are preferred as much as possible; the next-best alternative is contactless payment at the door. Cash payments are available only when strictly necessary.
10. We regret that we will be unable to allow guests to use the toilet in the church.
11. We regret that we will be unable to offer any sort of refreshment to anyone attending the concerts.
If, for any reason, you feel unable to comply with these regulations, we regret that we will be unable to include you in our audience, and we suggest that you to seek a different concert.